The M-Spot For General discussion of the M35/M45

Vortech Supercharger for the M45!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 02:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vortech Supercharger for the M45!

Since no one is developing a supercharger for the M45.... I called Vortech, the people who make one of the best G35 supercharger kits, to have them build me a custom setup. They said they wouldn't do it for just me, but they would develop a M45 specific kit, if I could come up with around 25 people that were serious about it. Not sure how much the kit would be, but I am assuming it would be very similar to the G35 kit price because of all common components. The main difference would be the custom piping and ECU tuning. I've seen the G kit go from about $3,800 to $5,500 depending on who was selling it.

So anyway, I figured I'd post this just to see if there were any people that has the same itch that I do. I am also posting on FreshAlloy to see if I can come with anywhere close to 25 people. If we get close, I'd actully buy several kits just to make sure it went into production. Since my wife terminated my ambition of getting an 06 M5 after the test drive because of the jerkiness of the SMG transmission in auto mode (when she would be driving in auto mode with the baby), I chose the M45. Obviously, I won't be able to get the M45 to handle like the M5, but I can get it very close to the M5's 507 horsepower. I'd rather not go with nitrous like my last cars because of the short bursts of power and the bottle refils, but if I can't seem to get a supercharger or turbo setup, I won't have a choice.

You can either reply to this post, PM me, or send an email directly to my email address, belerino@myacc.net.

Old 07-09-2006, 01:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by belerino
Since no one is developing a supercharger for the M45.... I called Vortech, the people who make one of the best G35 supercharger kits, to have them build me a custom setup. They said they wouldn't do it for just me, but they would develop a M45 specific kit, if I could come up with around 25 people that were serious about it. Not sure how much the kit would be, but I am assuming it would be very similar to the G35 kit price because of all common components. The main difference would be the custom piping and ECU tuning. I've seen the G kit go from about $3,800 to $5,500 depending on who was selling it.

So anyway, I figured I'd post this just to see if there were any people that has the same itch that I do. I am also posting on FreshAlloy to see if I can come with anywhere close to 25 people. If we get close, I'd actully buy several kits just to make sure it went into production. Since my wife terminated my ambition of getting an 06 M5 after the test drive because of the jerkiness of the SMG transmission in auto mode (when she would be driving in auto mode with the baby), I chose the M45. Obviously, I won't be able to get the M45 to handle like the M5, but I can get it very close to the M5's 507 horsepower. I'd rather not go with nitrous like my last cars because of the short bursts of power and the bottle refils, but if I can't seem to get a supercharger or turbo setup, I won't have a choice.

You can either reply to this post, PM me, or send an email directly to my email address, belerino@myacc.net.
Vortech is known for big power when you get up in RPM. I want it down low and right away which isn't Vortech's fortay. I'm also scared that the vortech would just be too noisy for a luxury sedan.

I'd prefer a Stillen type system. Power/Torque right away. Stage 1 or 2, 50 more HP AND Torque would be plenty for me. Any higher than that and you'll start busting stuff. Have you talked to them?

Jeff

Last edited by Jeff Flowerday; 07-09-2006 at 02:03 AM.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:51 PM
kel
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
xevous racing will make you a custom single or twin. they are doing a twin turbo v8 in my g35 check my thread (project g45) anyway it will be alot easier for you, and since you want power down low just run two gt28rs. If interested give them a call at 973-689-6633