The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Service Engine Soon, VDC Off, Slip lights are all on

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 02:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
same problem here. i just bought a 2003 g35 automatic sedan, and it stalls every so ofter, has difficulty starting the engine (takes a few seconds of turning the key), and the three lights are on (VDC, slip, and Check engine soon). hope its not too expensive of a fix

Old 03-30-2010, 10:11 AM
Just try reseting the ECU first before you go through all the crazy trouble. Could've just happened to throw some weird stuff. If it is a problem the lights will come back on. Do the "basic reset" in the link below. It might take a few times to work but you will know if it does.

ECU Reset: http://www.6mt.net/forum/performance...rocedures.html

Old 03-30-2010, 10:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just had one of my camshaft sensors replaced last week at a Nissan dealership; code P0345. The cost at the Nissan dealership was $90 for part, $200 for labor. I have an extended warranty so did not have to pay a cent for the repair, but that gives you and idea of what it would've cost.

Old 03-31-2010, 07:10 PM
Add one more; I think. Just had my service engine light come on, and when going about 30mph around a turn the VDC kicks in and tried to stop me. but the vdc and brake lights do not stay on. Nissan was closed as well as autozone so i will have codes tomorrow.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:56 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
I replace a cam sensor in a VQ about every couple days at the shop. if its not the cam sensors, it's the throttle body. all of which will cause a no start, extended crank, slip/vdc lights and the infamous SES.

Old 04-01-2010, 12:33 AM
Originally Posted by the_coupe
I replace a cam sensor in a VQ about every couple days at the shop. if its not the cam sensors, it's the throttle body. all of which will cause a no start, extended crank, slip/vdc lights and the infamous SES.
what needs to be done with the throttle body?!

Old 04-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by the_coupe
how hard is this fix? and how pricey?

Old 04-01-2010, 09:35 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
when the TB goes bad, you will either have a no-start or very laggy throttle. you just replace it but have to do the ACC position learn (gas pedal)Idle Air Volume Learn on it once it's replaced. Im sure there is a procedure to do it without consult, or let the dealer do it. it's easy to replace....just remove your intake pipe, take off the coolant hoses, and unbolt the TB.
as far as the cam sensors, they are on the back of the heads. you change them both from the passenger side. remove the engine cover, use a 10mm socket to take the bolt out and you have to pop the sensor out. they are normally tough to get popped out AND getting the connector off. still easy all together. and do this when the motor isnt HOT.....common sense.

The following users liked this post:
Trickstyle (08-07-2011)
Old 04-09-2010, 12:45 PM
I am having the same issue. Hard to start all light are on. Just replaced the cam senor yesterday, mechanic said all is good to go, went to pick it up and to my surprise...same problem. He hooked it back to the diagnostic, same damn code. Hard to start lights are back on, he is doing some research, but anyone have any ideas on what the problem could be? I am afraid if it continues it could damage something else. HELP!!!

Old 04-30-2010, 08:54 PM
Help with the Service Engine Soon, VDC, and SLIP light on

Hi,
So i started to have a problem with my 03 Nissan 350z grinding into third. I did a little research and found out it was a very common problem with that model transmission. So i bought a brand new updated CD009 transmission. I figured why they had the trans out i should probably replace the clutch and flywheel. I bought a new lightweight F1 racing flywheel with is a regular flywheel and a new Stage 1 excedy clutch kit. So i have them replace all the trans, flywheel, and clutch in one shot. I go to pick up the car, payed for it, and go to drive it away. When i reach 3000 rpms in first all of a sudden the car starts studdering and the service engine soon light, VDC light, and SLIP light come on. The car would not go past 3000 rpms; i could shift through all the gears with no problem but it would studder when i hit the 3000 mark. I brought it back to the transmission shop and they are going to hook a computer up to it next monday but i just wanted a general idea of what you guys think it could be. Im a little tight on cash and am hoping it has something to do with the programming of the ecm. any ideas. Thanks alot

Old 04-30-2010, 09:19 PM
Hey man one thing i would definitely check is if there is Trans fluid or if its really low. I know for an AT it will go into a safe mode and do what you are describing if there is not enough fluid or none at all

Old 04-30-2010, 09:26 PM
thanks for the quick reply. They put in 3 quarts of Redline MT-90. i bought it with the new trans.

Old 05-01-2010, 10:28 AM
I would download the service manual and try and read through different things it might be. You might be able to narrow down what might be wrong with it

https://g35driver.com/forums/faq-diy...df-format.html

Old 05-09-2010, 11:38 PM
Service Engine Light, VDC Off & Slip all on!

I think I finally found the right thread for the issues I've been encountering with my '04 G35 Sedan... So... I took my car to the dealership and they've never screwed me around. I've taken it there since I've had the vehicle and they are terrific with customer service, etc. I'm having all of the same problems you guys are talking about...[2-3 seconds to crank, all 3 lights on, stalling when idling at random, but what I will add to this is that I noticed the lights all show up when I'm driving this from a cold start and it will pop up up maybe 5 minutes later. Also, I've noticed that when I'm driving at highway speeds and then I go to accelerate more, the vehicle hesitates to go higher.] So the dealership replaced my Cam Position Sensor and thought that would have solved the issue for about $160 bucks...they called me 3 hours later and said that didn't work. They're telling me that my vehicle has one of the Timing Sprockets stuck in the forward position at 15 degrees. (**i could be wrong on their exact lingo - sorry all**) To fix this issue, it will cost me roughly $2,800 - $3,200 bucks because of the labor to remove the engine to get to this part. The car is basically drivable but still has all of these issues...... I'm not satisfied with this diagnostic so I'm taking this to an independent custom nissan/infiniti shop for a second look. The dealership didn't charge me anything so I didn't mind them giving me some sort of a direction to go in...

Old 05-15-2010, 02:01 AM
Okay, add me to this list with you guys...I had my G parked for the past few weeks. Today I get in to drive it, I did notice that it did take a little longer to start (like you guys), it even kinda sputtered a bit, a rough idle at first. I gave it a little gas while parked, the sputtering went away. So then I start driving it, 1st gear is fine, 2nd gear is fine, then when I put it in 3rd gear right at around 30 mph, the car basically goes no where, all loss of power! I keep pressing the gas pedal, but nothing. Then I notice, THE THREE DAMN LIGHTS THAT YOU GUYS ARE TALKING ABOUT. So I start freaking out! I keep taking it down my road, and it just really struggles to go past 30 mph, no matter what gear I'm in. Very odd. So then I decide to turn off my VDC, by pushing the button, of course. It drives fine after that, I get through all the gears fine, go past 30 mph with no struggle. But i'm still concerned about my car. Something is apparently wrong, and I don't want to continue driving my G with the VDC off. Somebody, please let me know what is wrong with my car, our cars, any help is appreciated!

BTW, it has been a while that I've had an oil change done, tranny fluid change, and a basic tune-up. And it needs an alignment done. I don't know if that would have anything to do with it. I'll probably get that stuff taken care of while I'm at it, in hopes of fixing the problem. I'm desperate. The only thing I've done to my car was take off all the wheels and change the tires.

Last edited by Capital G; 05-15-2010 at 02:06 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Service Engine Soon, VDC Off, Slip lights are all on